Sunday 14 June 2015

Recycled paper flowers Workshop

Yesterday we had a great fun in the Hands Gallery creating paper flowers and hair accessories with kids and adults alike. I do love creating pretty things from materials destined for the bin, therefore I do collect almost everything - from old glossy mags pages to shiny sweet wrappers. This project is perfect for using it all, so you can create a beautiful item, that will not cost the Earth (literary). ;-) Pinterest is full of good tutorials for flower making, (just take your pick) but instead of buying expensive supplies from the craft store, look around your house. The only thing you need to buy is a wire ( I used the cheapest green garden wire) and maybe some beads but they are not crucial. The only thing I "splashed" on, was my light green tape (2,50 Euro). ;-)

The base of the wreath is made of the cheap brown packing paper. To achieve the vintage look of the flowers, I scrunched up the glossy pages first. The middle of the flowers are made of sweet wrappers.
And there you have it... Don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions...
































No comments:

Post a Comment